The following video is a short film that was produced by Parents for Window Blind Safety. This is a fictional portrayal — while the incident depicted occurs far too often, this child was not injured in the making of the film. 

It was a normal night. These two families had come together for a dinner party, and as is often the case, the parents mingled in the kitchen while the kids meandered throughout the house. It wasn't until dinner was ready that they realized there was something wrong.

They state in the video that a child strangles every two weeks on window treatment adjustment cords. That's a startling thought, but it's even worse considering how preventable it is. The Parents For Window Blind Safety organization has a wealth of information on their website relating to precautions families can take. 

Share this important message with your friends on Facebook, and let us know what you think. What steps have you taken to keep your windows safe? Chime in down below.